Tuition fee and other expenses
Tuition fee at VSMU covers training costs - lectures, practical courses, examinations. Tuition fee does not include expenses on hostel, medical policy and registration.
The tuition fee is paid at arrival:
- For students of the preparatory course – the tuition fee is paid in amount of 100% at the day of signing of the contract;
- For students of the 1st course the tuition fee is paid - 50% from the sum of tuition fee at the day of signing of the contract and the remaining amount is paid before the 1st of October;
- For students of the 2nd – 6th course the tuition fee is paid twice a year – before the 1st of October and before the 1st of March.
Note! In case of delayed payment of tuition fee the fine is charged for each day of delayed payment.
Mode of payment
The tuition fee is paid for each year separately in cash to the bank (in Belarusian rubles at the rate of National Bank of the republic of Belarus) or transfer on bank account of the university (in US dollars).
Note! The university doesn't accept cheques/drafts.
In accordance with financial legislation of the Republic of Belarus:
- The University accepts banking transfer which is issued in the sum, indicated in the item Payment for education;
- Banking transfer is issued on sum exceeding payment for education is not allowed;
- If the sum of banking transfer exceeds payment for education, the excess is not paid back;
- Funds on personal expenses are paid in cash or transferred on his/her personal account.
Medical insurance and medical check-up
Before the beginning of studies every student must pass additional medical check-up in the clinic of VSMU. All the expenses are covered by the student (about 100 US $ per year).
Besides, one should sign obligatory medical policy with one of Insurance Companies. The cost of the policy is 170 € per year (in most cases medical insurance is made at the airport on arrival).
If you make visa at the airport on arrival to the Republic of Belarus the cost of visa will be about 120 US $ per 15 days. On arrival to the university the applicant is obliged to come to the Dean's office of VSMU and make registration for a year.
Each foreign citizen entering the Republic of Belarus is obliged to be registered domiciliary. The contribution rate is about 50 US $.
Living expenses, including food, transport expenses etc make up about $ 400 – 600 US per month. In addition, one shall bear in mind expenses on winter clothing.
The use of all educational, informative, sport and cultural infrastructure of the University is free.